Trinity’s History

Trinity Baptist Church began in 1953, and for nearly sixty years we have served God and God’s people at the corner of Oak Street and South 6th Street here in Seneca.  From its very beginning in the “Tribble House” in downtown Seneca, Trinity has been a progressive Baptist voice in our community and around the world, and we continue today to live out our vision statement:  “Our vision is to be more than a refuge; it is to be a revitalizing community where all are saved, healed, strengthened, and equipped to go out into our world on mission for Jesus Christ.”

Trinity has had an active role in the advent of several community-strengthening endeavors:  Habitat for Humanity, Meals on Wheels, Seneca’s first Kindergarten program, and more recently Our Daily Rest Homeless Shelter.  Trinity has also been active in the Cooperative Baptist Fellowship since its inception in 1991.  Today CBF is Trinity’s primary way of connecting with the global church and Trinity financially supports the Global Missions and other ministries of the Cooperative Baptist Fellowship in South Carolina and around the world.  For more information on the Cooperative Baptist Fellowship and other organizations with which Trinity partners, see the “partners” page.

Trinity Baptist Church, Seneca SC